Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reading Jerry Brown's Mail

I'm one of a handful of journalists who have been granted access to the papers of Jerry Brown's first governorship, which are kept at the University of Southern California. The story of the papers is well told in this piece in the LA Times (in which I'm quoted).

I'm just beginning to make my way through them, and am offering some early notes in various places.

Here's my column in the Daily Beast based on reading his personal correspondence from 1977-1979.

From the NBC blog Prop Zero, where I'm lead blogger, here is a post on letters he received after Prop 13 and another on a similar subject.

At Fox & Hounds Daily, here's a bit on a long ago reaction by John Burton (now California Democratic Party chairman) to Brown; and an old telegram from Brown's now campaign manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home